2017 Peace Samurai™ Ki Aikido Boulder Summer Camps for Kids
ONLY ONE CAMP OFFERED FOR SUMMER 2017!
This summer, let your children immerse themselves in a safe, fun-filled and constructive week of outdoor ki games, ki aikido drills, Japanese Yoga, Samurai weapons arts, ki principles, story time and more. Each camp will culminate with a brief play, created and performed by the children, in front of a live audience of children’s families and other guests. Camps meet outdoors at a neighborhood park, weather permitting.
Let your children experience a martial art that cultivates healthy, effective, peaceful ways of dealing with adversity, conflict and aggression. Invite them to play with other children and Villacorta Sensei as they explore peacetime samurai virtues of respect, courage, honesty, compassion, and justice at the Peace Samurai™ Boulder Summer Camps.
Open to children with or without any prior Ki Aikido experience, ages 7-13.
Only 12 spots. Sign up below before it fills up!
Monday – Friday | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Price: $295 per camp
Reserve your spot today for only $95 (non-refundable deposit).
Balance is due one week before camp!
Children will have an excellent time learning Ki Aikido in all its forms and you’ll appreciate that they’ll learn to move well, coordinate mind and body and develop more peaceful ways of dealing with conflict—a unique opportunity for children to play, stretch and develop strategies that strengthen their bodies, their relationships to one another and to the world, both on and off the mat.
Classes will be taught by Villacorta Sensei, 4th degree black belt in Shin Shin toitsu Aikido, 2nd degree black belt in Ki Development. Boulder Ki Aikido (BKA) provides personalized attention for children in a safe, supportive and welcoming environment. BKA works with children of all ages and abilities. Student to teacher ratio is 10:1 or less to ensure quality attention and instruction.
Peace Samurai™ Boulder Summer Camps – Daily Rhythm
- Ki Games
- Relaxed Taiso (mind-body focused warm-up)
- Japanese Yoga (ki stretching)
- Ki Aikido Rolling Drills
- “Peace Samurai” Movement (Hitori Waza – individual exercises)
- “Peace Samurai” Ki Aikido Weapons Forms (wooden staff and sword)
- Snack time (bring your own)
- “Peace Samurai” Story time
- Lunch time (bring your own)
Camps will be held outdoors at North Boulder Park (or other local Boulder community park TBD), weather permitting.
What Your Child Will Need
- Registration and/or guardian consent: required prior to camp
- Camp uniform (available for purchase here): light loose or stretchy pants and t-shirt (yoga or gym clothes or blue/dark judo/karate uniform)
- Water bottle: please bring a water bottle
- Snack + Lunch
- Clipped finger- & toe-nails for safety
- NO JEWELRY please