be courageous, be respectful, be calm… be a Peace Samurai™
Let your children, ages 6-12, experience a martial art that cultivates healthy, effective, peaceful ways of dealing with adversity, conflict and aggression. Invite them to play with Boulder Ki Aikido as they explore peacetime samurai virtues of respect, courage, honesty, compassion, and justice.
Kids’ Martial Arts Camps 2016
Mondays – Fridays
9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Session I — June 6-10 (only 2 spots left!)
Session 2 — June 13-17 (full)
Session 3 — June 20-24 (full)
Session 4 — July 11-15 (full)
Session 5 — July 18-22 (only 2 spots left!)
Open to children with no prior Ki Aikido experience, ages 6-12. Ten children maximum per session. Register now before they fill up.
About Peace Samurai Ki Aikido Children’s Martial Arts Camps
Boulder Ki Aikido is excited to offer Peace Samurai™ Kids’ Ki Aikido martial arts camps during Spring and Summer seasons.
Your child will enjoy a safe, fun and constructive week of ki aikido arts, ki games, japanese yoga, samurai weapons arts, peace samurai principles, story time, and more. You’ll appreciate that they’ll learn to move well, coordinate mind and body, and discover practices to help them handle challenging situations.
Classes will be taught by Villacorta Sensei, 4th degree black belt in Shin Shin toitsu Aikido, 2nd degree black belt in Japanese Yoga.
Children will learn how Ki Aikido principles can help strengthen the ideals of peace in their relationships every day. They’ll explore the art as a mindful, somatic practice and methodology.
This is a unique opportunity for children to play, stretch and develop strategies that strengthen their bodies, their relationships to one another and to the world, both on and off the mat.
Boulder Ki Aikido (BKA) provides personalized attention for children in a safe, supportive and welcoming environment. BKA works with children of all abilities. Student to teacher ratio is 10:1 max for camps, to ensure quality attention and instruction.
Peace Samurai Camp Daily Activities
- Ki Games
- Relaxed Taiso (mind-body focused warm-up)
- Japanese Yoga (mindful relaxation)
- “Peace Samurai” Movement (Hitori Waza – individual exercises)
- “Peace Samurai” Ki Aikido Arts
- Snack time (bring your own)
- “Peace Samurai” Story time
- Ki Aikido Rolling Drills
What your child will need…
- Registration and guardian consent: required prior to class
- Camp uniform (available for purchase here): light stretchy pants and t-shirt (yoga or gym clothes or a white judo/karate uniform)
- Water bottle: please bring a water bottle. We have plenty of filtered water
- Clipped finger- & toe-nails for safety
- No jewelry please