We Invite all Colorado Aikidoka to Train with Kashiwaya Sensei, 8th Dan
Friday, November 1 – Sunday, November 3, 2019 | Sessions for Adults & Teens
We invite Colorado’s Aikido community to participate in Rocky Mountain Ki Society’s (RMKS) Fall 2019 Ki Aikido Seminar with Chief Instructor, Koichi Kashiwaya Sensei, 8th degree black belt and Okuden in Ki Development.
Join us as we welcome Kashiwaya Sensei for a weekend of focused Ki & Ki Aikido training sessions for adults and teens. This learning opportunity marks one of Sensei’s last regularly scheduled visits to Colorado—ever.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to train with one of the most accomplished Ki Aikido instructors and practitioners in the world today!
This may well be one of the last times for you to practice with Kashiwaya Sensei in Colorado, as he has announced he will be retiring in 2020.
As Chief Instructor and founder of Midland Ki Federation (RMKS’ umbrella organization—comprised of 25+ dojos across the USA, Canada, and Brazil) Kashiwaya Sensei is one of the few full-time Aikido professionals in the United States.
Kashiwaya Sensei, uchideshi (live-in apprentice) for Soshu Koichi Tohei Sensei, has practiced for almost 50 years and taught thousands of students for more than 45 years. A major emphasis in his teaching is the development of the next generation of instructors and leaders for Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido Kai in Japan.
- Fill out Registration Form (PDF) LINK TBD
- Pay ahead online here (or simply bring cash, check or credit card on the day of the seminar). LINK TBD
- Bring completed form and payment (or proof of online payment) to the dojo on the day of the seminar.
Ki Aikido Seminar Fees
- $120 for Full Seminar
- $40 for each individual session
- Student/Minor pay half price for any above fees
- Parents are encouraged to make a $10 donation on behalf of their children for attendance of a Children’s Class
Tentative Schedule (NOT YET CONFIRMED)
Friday, November 1: @ RMKS-Westminster
- 5:00 to 6:00 pm Children’s Class (Parents Welcome)
- 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm Adult/Teen Ki & Aikido (session 1)
Saturday, November 2: @ RMKS-Westminster
- 9:30 am to 12:00 noon Adult/Teen Ki & Aikido (session 2)
- 2:00–4:30 pm Adult/Teen Ki and Aikido (session 3)
Sunday, March 4: @ Boulder Ki Aikido
- 9:00 am to 10:00 am Sokushin no Gyo (session 4)
- 10:00 am to 12:00pm Adult/Teen Ki and Aikido (session 5)
- 2:00pm to 3:30pm Adult/Teen Ki and Aikido (session 6)
- 3:30–5:00 pm Yudansha Testing