RMKS Invites all Aikidoka to Practice in CO with Kashiwaya Sensei, 8th Dan
Friday, November 1 – Sunday, November 3, 2019
Ki Development & Ki Aikido Sessions for Adults, Teens, & Children
We invite the Aikido community to participate in Rocky Mountain Ki Society’s (RMKS) Fall 2019 Ki Aikido Seminar with Chief Instructor (MKF), Koichi Kashiwaya Sensei, 8th degree black belt and Okuden in Ki Development.
Join us as we welcome Kashiwaya Sensei for a weekend of focused Ki & Ki Aikido training sessions for adults, teens, and children. Classes are open to everyone with basic Aikido experience regardless of affiliation or style.
This learning opportunity marks Sensei’s 51st year in Ki Aikido and one of Sensei’s last regularly scheduled visits to Colorado—ever.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to train with one of the most accomplished Ki Aikido instructors and practitioners in the world today!
This may well be one of the last times for you to practice with Kashiwaya Sensei in Colorado, as he has announced he will be retiring in 2020.
Join us as we celebrate Sensei’s 70th year of life!
As Chief Instructor and founder of Midland Ki Federation (MKF)—RMKS’ umbrella organization, comprised of more more than 25 dojos across the USA, Canada, and Brazil—Kashiwaya Sensei is one of the few full-time Aikido professionals in the United States.
Kashiwaya Sensei— long-time uchideshi (live-in apprentice) with Soshu Koichi Tohei Sensei in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s—has practiced for more than 50 years and taught thousands of students for nearly as long. A major emphasis in his teaching, in these last few years as Chief Instructor, is the development of the next generation of instructors and leaders for Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido Kai in Japan.
POST THIS SEMINAR FLYER AT YOUR DOJO: Download Printable PDF
Ki Aikido Seminar Schedule
Friday, November 1: @ Boulder Ki Aikido
- 5:00 to 6:00 pm Children’s Class (ages 6-12 – parents welcome)
- 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm Ki Development & Ki Aikido (session 1 – ages 13+)
Saturday, November 2: @ RMKS-Westminster
- 9:30 am to 12:00 noon Ki Development & Ki Aikido (session 2 – ages 13+)
- 2:00–4:30 pm Ki Development & Ki Aikido (session 3 – ages 13+)
- 5:30 Dinner with Kashiwaya Sensei, Location TBD
Sunday, November 3: @ Boulder Ki Aikido
- 9:00 am to 10:00 am Sokushin no Gyo—Bell Meditation, aka Bell Misogi (session 4 – ages 13+)
- 10:00 am to 12:00pm Ki Development and Ki Aikido (session 5 – ages 13+)
- 2:00pm to 3:30pm Ki Development and Ki Aikido (session 6 – ages 13+)
- 3:30–5:00 pm Yudansha Testing
- 6 pm Celebration Dinner with Kashiwaya Sensei TBD
Ki Aikido Seminar Fees
- EARLY BIRD
(until Oct. 20, 2019)Extended until 9am Oct. 22, 2019!
- Full Weekend Seminar, $110 | Save $25
- Each Session, $35 | Save $10 per session
- Friday Children’s Class, $10 | Save $5
- Sunday Bell Meditation, $10 | Save $5
- AFTER OCT. 20, 2019 (and at the door)
- Full Weekend Seminar, $135
- Each Session, $45
- Friday Children’s Class, $15
- Sunday Bell Meditation, $15
- With the exception of Friday Children’s Class, students and/or minors save 50% for any fees above (must be under 21 years of age). Use CHILD50 to activate discount.
Register for the Ki Aikido Seminar
- FULL WEEKEND SEMINAR
- SPECIFIC SESSIONS @ BOULDER KI AIKIDO DOJO
on Fri. Nov. 1 & Sun. Nov. 3, 2019
- SPECIFIC SESSIONS @ RMKS-WESTMINSTER DOJO
on Sat. Nov 2, 2019
- CHILDREN’S CLASS
on Fri. Nov.1, 2019
- Fill out and sign the PDF registration form online completely or print and fill it out by hand.
- Mail completed Registration Form & Waiver, along with payment by check or money order, no later than October 25, to avoid delays. Make checks payable to Boulder Ki Aikido.
- After October 25th, bring completed form and payment to the dojo on the day of the seminar.
- Procrastinators 😉 be advised: you may choose to register in person on the day of the seminar and pay by cash, check or credit card. Because this may be slow and prevent you from getting on the mat on time, we highly recommend pre-registering now.